Munchies Monday: Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins
Continuing last week‘s Jedi Food Master tutorial series…
If you are like me, you want to respond to every big and small occasion in life (birthday! new baby! illness and injury! thanks! congratulations! second Wednesday of the month!) by offering some sort of baked goods. Having a couple of crowd-pleasing muffin/cookie/brownie/coffee cake recipes that I know inside-and-out makes it easy for me to whip up something sweet in the morning before I go to work so I can bless my coworkers for any reason I choose… or no reason at all.
(And yes, I did say that sometimes I bake before I even get dressed for work. If you needed confirmation that I am GIN-U-WINE looney toons, there ya go.)
I found this particular recipe on Epicurius waaaaaaaaay back when I was pregnant with Garrett. I had some bananas turning black on my kitchen counter and I was craving chocolate so I searched for banana-chocolate-chip muffins on the Google. My life has not been the same since. These muffins are so rich and flavorful and unique, I LOVE bringing them into my office to share or baking a batch to take to a neighbor or friend.
To-Freaking-Die-For Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 c. milk
- 3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
* Because I can’t be bothered to remember to buy unsalted butter, I just use regular salted butter in this recipe and reduce the amount of salt I use to about 1/8 of a tsp.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 12 regular-sized muffin cups with cupcake liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine bananas, egg, butter, and milk.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 32 minutes, or until the tops are barely browned and a toothpick comes out clean. (Well, clean except for the gooey yummy melty chocolate OH MY.
- Enjoy a muffin (or three) with a tall glass of cold milk. If you think this is heaven, you are correct.